Flux Cockpit in Flux 8.0.13 has a menu option on the Designer Tab that allows for converting certain Flux 7 workflows to Flux 8 formats. Flux 8 has removed messaging support and BPM support, and workflows using these features cannot be converted using this approach. The other major change from Flux 7 to Flux 8 is in the File Criteria format, and this conversion utility supports migrating Flux 7 File Criterias to Flux 8 Format.
- Open Flux Cockpit.
- Click the Repository Tab.
- Click the Upgrade button.
- A File Dialog will appear that allows to to navigate to the directory containing the workflows and select the FFC files to convert. These FFC files must have been exported from a Flux 7 environment to disk.
- After pressing the Open button, the following browser alert will appear:
Converting xx files. During conversion you will see a spinner. When it disappears, switch to the Repository tab and click Refresh to see the converted workflows.
Close this alert to continue.
- The conversion can take some time to complete. Each workflow can take up to 5 minutes to convert.
- After the conversion is complete the updated workflows are available for review in the Flux Repository. Click the Repository tab and click Refresh to see the converted workflows.